12d Model’s River modules offer river engineers and mappers new levels of flexibility, power, and productivity.
12d Model substantially reduces modeling setup time for river, flood plain, and open channel studies.
12d Model interfaces with several hydraulic analysis programs for reading and writing flood plain and flood water level data, meaning 12d Model is a pre & post processor of terrain and hydraulic results.
Once hydraulic analysis is complete 12d Model interprets the hydraulic model representing water surfaces in three dimensions.
12d Model interfaces with
- Mike 11
The 12d Model Rivers modules read numerous data formats...
This includes xyz data, lidar data, grid data, HEC2 data, EEBY cross section data, USGS DEM formats, and MID/MIF data.
The add-on AutoCAD DWG/DXF and Microstation DGN modules enable existing drawing/elevation data to be imported to 12d. Elevation data can be combined from several sources and manipulated to form a final ground surface from which cross section or grid data is created.
12d Model efficiently handles projects...
From several million points for 32 bit Windows or 250 million points for 64 bit Windows, 12d is ideal for the dense data that result from LIDAR, Photogrammetry and traditional surveys of large areas.
The fast processing speed and reliability of 12d makes these large dataset usable, and facilitates running ‘what if’ or ‘sensitivity analysis’ to test different assumptions.
Being able to merge data from different sources and different formats and incorporate complete projects if necessary (roads, channels, buildings etc) ensures better quality ground models and, when associated with development proposals, more holistic modeling.
3D aerial photo images can be rendered on ground surface models for visualisation. Resultant water flood levels can be made transparent for graphical effects. AVI movie formats can be recorded for flights down the river for presentations.
Engineering type drawings (river profiles and cross sections) showing bed levels and multiple water level profiles are produced. Drawings are complete with “intelligent” title blocks containing both custom and automatically generated data.
Full design features for engineered waterways, as well as volume calculation for storage areas, excavations and embankments, are also available.
The Rivers modules are: HEC RAS Advanced, XP SWMM & MIKE 11
These river interface modules work on branched river systems. The complete project is created for the river design programs. The maximum water levels are read back into 12d Model.
The modules generate river centerline, left and right bank river strings, cross sections, overbank distances, marks left and right bank locations and automatically mark levee locations. User specified steady state discharges and Manning's "n" values are exported as initial starting values.
ISIS has the most comprehensive interface of the Rivers modules. Volumes for online and offline reservoirs are exported and cross sections are created for spill sections as well as river cross sections.
12d ground triangulations can be read directly into Tuflow to define the grid elevations for modelling.
Features of the module include:
- Reads many data formats inc. EBBY, XYZ, DEM, MID, MIF, DWG, DGN, SHP
- Ground and water surfaces up to 250 million points
- Create user defined grids from 3D ground triangulations
- Automatic user defined point filters
- Automatic user defined levee definition
- Bent cross sections
- User defined cross section locations
- Dendritic river systems supported
- Inundation determined between cross sections
- Create custom plan, profile & cross section plots with multiple water levels or flood events
- Map risk & water depth by colour & contour
Benefits of the module include:
- Utilises existing ground survey data
- Unparalleled ease of use
- Model whole catchments in one project
- Filters excess points to keep within hydraulic software limits
- Interpolates between surveyed river sections
- Interfaces with GIS systems
- Interface with modelling packages, HEC-RAS, ISIS, TUFLOW, MIKE11
- Compare many events on single drawing
- View current plan, profile and 3d perspective on 1 screen
- Makes results accessible to the public
- Creates 3D images and .avi movies